How I'd turned MY BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT into my biggest motivation?



This blog may only seem to you that I am pouring my heart out or you may feel emotional and pity for me but these are two precious years of my life.  I will never forget them in my remaining life. They have taught me so many things that are not even comparable to teachings of the remaining 20 years of my life. This is a journey from my biggest disappointment to my biggest motivation.
I am from the society where most people respect and appreciate others by outward appearances of their profession, their looks or the money they earn. I feel sorry for them now. After completing my under-graduation in Electrical Engineering, I have to go through a lot of tests for jobs. After every other job interview, I had to set my goal again that I would gain this for sure, but unluckily it was not like that.  This world does not run like that.  While everyone was busy in his life in my family, I was struggling to my full strength with this life.  
When my peers have started to tease me by saying that “What’s the purpose of that high GAPA when you do not have a job”, I reciprocated them with words that I felt but those were the words I would never forget. I had started to believe those words that were a warning sign for me too. I had worked very hard with my full motivation during the four years of my degree but I felt like I was the biggest disappointment towards my parents, my family. I had felt ashamed of me that my parents could not praise me because of my education OR if they were doing it,  that was just for keeping my heart. When our neighbors asked my mother sometimes about me and my job, I would never forget the way she had to make and arrange her words.  I have no doubt; my parents love me so much.  But as we all know action speaks very loud.  My parents were worried about me.
I had felt lonely in this rush of people.  I had to act like, I was happy. In the eyes of everyone, I was free and doing nothing. When in an interview, my interviewer had asked me the question that what had you done in your previous year and asked for some experience during that year, I was quiet. I have done nothing, obviously, I was free. That was the time, I wanted to say so much but I could not.  I wanted to say that I was not free in my mind. I wanted to say that I was constantly struggling but could not because I had not any certificate for that. That was the feeling with so much intensity, I cannot even describe in words. 
That was the time, I had realized that I had to stand for myself, I was the only one who was responsible for my actions and I was the only one who was responsible for my thoughts. I have realized the cruelness of this world that if you feel ashamed of you, these people will push you more into that shame. I had to plan something for me. I had to make myself proud. Everything in that year that had happened I have framed and saved that in my mind and will keep that as my constant reminder that I have just me for myself. I have made that feeling as my helping hand to get more strength.

These pain and hardships can teach you so many things that you can never learn with joy and happiness.  After that year, I have discovered myself truly. I have discovered things that I cannot even believe now that I have in me. If I ever felt lonely now, I make that time useful to observe me and my life.  I have nourished me in so many ways. Now, I am waiting for a time, for my time when I can proudly stand as a daughter and as a successful professional. But I am not feeling disappointed, I am feeling passionate towards my goals.  

P.S

Pray for me that everything that I have planned, happen that way. If things do not happen that way, pray for my courage, strength, and motivation to keep that plan intact.

Last but not the least, this blog is dedicated to my father. I know for sure, I will never meet a hardworking person like him. He will always be my constant. He has provided his daughters with such valuable status and education by living in the type of society where most people feel that there is no purpose for girl’s education and to spend money on them. 


Comments

  1. Stay strong! This is a very inspirational post, and I wish you all the best in the future, You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl what you achieve is more than ppl with nasty remarks about your grades. As, a good job is not always a source of happiness. Sometimes ppl are just there too hurt u to show their negativity. Igonre them and keep your spirits high. Allah has promised to give good source of earning for those who believe on HIM, pray and move with patience. #sun_shines_daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was super interesting and a proof of a big courage ! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Society and its rules and expectations can be such a burden and hindrance to many. I'm glad you know your mind and are set on a path of self discovery. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Azlin <3. I have realized it late But I am happy i still have time.

      Delete

  5. This is a great post to ponder. I love that Title. It shows how we are being formed in our daily living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is nothing quite like a setback to make you reevaluate things. Sounds like you have found an inner courage and strength to take you forward, I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly. With the speed this world is moving on, no one can wait for re-evaluation. Thank you for best wishes<3

      Delete
  7. every set back is a set up for a come back. keeping a positive mindset is key!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspirational! Sending positive thoughts your way! Stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! I felt this on a level that nobody else will understand. This was my life until last year, when I DECIDED to be the best version of myself without other people's opinions. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep being you darling, you don't need people s approval to be happy and thanks for sharing this motivational and inspirational post, we love you so much, keep ur head high u ve got this, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an inspirational post for what Im going on now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I get happy by reading such comments. When i was going to publish it, most of them suggested to not share this on my facebook wall, But I was more than ready to share my thoughts with all of you for just this purpose. :*

      Delete
  12. Keep up the hard work and don't give up. This is an amazing example of courage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your story! We all go through seasons for sure - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspirational post! Thank you so much for sharing. Definitely love how passionate you are with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an inspiration!! I hope things go so well for you in the future and that you continue to be as strong as you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stay strong! You got this girl keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always think that it is important to learn from our personal setbacks but it is important to turn those set backs into positives. Good for you for doing just that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just needed this piece of experience from someone to relate. Glad that I’m not the only one dealing and trying to make my past experience to a positive one

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is important to learn from our mistakes and to take our weakness or downfalls and use then as motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, i feel this post on so many levels! Thanks for sharing and motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending postive vibes to you! this is truly an inspirational post, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Motivation is always so important. We need to learn from the losses in our life and use them as motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. it was really an interesting reading! I must only try to keep it in mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this moving, yet motivational and inspirational post. You keep doing you girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love reading this. Very motivational. Learning from losses is important.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super inspiring! Great post!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sending good vibes your way! x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your dedication at the end really touched me. My dad was such an inspiration, too. He never treated me and my sister like we were "girls" and always told us we could do anything. His too early death was one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with and I've worked hard to make it ultimately a positive influence in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really great. We can never find the person like our dads But we can take their influence with us through out our life.

      Delete
  29. This is so inspiring!!! Do not let people's negativity effect you and your happiness!! YOU DO YOUR THANG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are a very strong person and you done the right thing liberating yourself from other people's judgement. They are not you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing this, I like reading posts that share the difficult times instead of only the good. I will pray for you and I hope you achieve all of your goals and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am going thorugh the same, and I need to transform this disappointment into motivation just like you did. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I totally get the feeling of disappointment when you've worked so hard for a degree and can't find a decent job afterwards. Unlike you, I didn't do that many interviews, but I took the first terribly under-qualified job that was offered to me. And it was the worst (or maybe best) decision ever.

    I spend three years hating my jobs - even though I changed companies, the path I'd taken just didn't work for. All this lead to health problems, anxiety, feeling hopeless and so on. But in the end, this negative experience pushed me to start my own business because I couldn't find my place in the corporate world. It has made me a lot stronger, too and it helped me understand that you can never know what's happening inside a person's mind. Overall, I think that it happened for a reason. If I had found a decent job, I would have never had the courage to start the journey I am on now!

    Everything will work out great for you as long as you keep believing in yourself. :) No matter what comes your way, you can always find a way to figure it out! And I also really believe in the motto 'Everything is as it should be'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience. It encourages me more. I am so happy that best things happen in your way. These problems are spices of life, without it we can not get its full taste. <3

      Delete
  34. Aweee this is so nice. Twisting things up and making your weakness your strength is awesome. You know, you are such an inspiration. Motivating yourself and giving hope to yourself is much needed. You are doing great, just writing this and sharing it with us is a big step. You are strong and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. The hardest lesson I learned about life is that you can't live your life to make others happy. We will always be disappointed. So glad you found something positive in what's supposed to be negative. I admire people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey, I know how Pakistani people act and think. You are a very strong woman and your parents should be proud of you. Degree in Electrical engineering is not an easy thing to do as two of my brothers hold that degree. Your post is very inspirational!.Good luck with with everything in life. You go girl, and you know, have got that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bushra for best wishes. I am really glad to hear from some Pakistani woman. <3 <3

      Delete
  37. I applaud your strong and positive outlook. Keep pushing forwards x

    ReplyDelete
  38. My best prayer for you and your father. Life is a struggle, and I hope that goodness always accompanies your family.

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's really all about how we see our life and how we see the world. We just need to keep moving forward and try to be as positive as we can be.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wish you good luck for next challenges in your life. Be even a more stronger version of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE that much necessary? By Farheen S.

Am I Too Late? By Farheen S.